top of page
作家相片President Team

英文挑戰 - 與電力公司職員對話

英國的電力供應 (electricity supply) 由不同公司營運、生產 (generation)、傳輸 (transmission)、批發 (wholesales)及零售 (retail suppliers)。與香港不同的是:電費單會繳付給零售供應商。由於英國有很多不同類型的零售電力供應商,價錢亦相對較競爭大 (competitive)7。這種安排及營運方式在煤氣方面亦都相類似。


一些在英國常見的供應商包括:Avro Energy, So Energy, Octopus Energy, Goto Energy, E.ON, EDF, ESB Energy。


“Competitive price” 「競爭大的價格」意思是不同商家因競爭而參考對家的價格及優惠,理論上價錢會因此而降低。相反 “competitive salary” 「競爭激烈的薪金」就是形容為爭取人才而產生的高工資。



 

C: Client 客人 S: Customer Service Officer 客戶服務專員


S: Hello, ABC Energy, how may I help you today? 你好,這裏是 ABC 電力公司。今日我如何可以幫助你?

C: I'm calling concerning my electricity bill. 我致電希望查詢有關我的電費單問題。

S: May I have your account number? 我可以索取你的戶口號碼嗎?

C: Certainly, it's 4718593. 可以,戶口號碼是 4718593。

S: Thank you, it’s Mr. Smith, isn’t it? What may I help you with? 謝謝你,這是 Smith 先生,對嗎?我可以如何協助你們?

C: I suspect I've been overcharged for the past two months. 我懷疑 (suspect) 我過去兩個月被錯誤地過量收費 (overcharged) 了。

S: I'm sorry to hear that. Why do you think you have been overcharged? 聽到這個消息我感到十分抱歉。為何你會覺得是被多收了錢?

C: The bill is three times higher than last month. 電費單對比上個月貴了三倍。

S: Well, let me ask you a few questions and we’ll see what we can do. How much do you usually pay for your electricity? 好,讓我先問你數個問題,然後再看看該如何幫你。你通常繳交多少電費?

C: I usually pay about 50 quid a month. 我通常一個月繳交50鎊。

S: Thank you. And how much did we charge on the latest bill? 謝謝你,最近一次我們計了你多少錢?

C: 150 pounds. I can't understand why. 150 英鎊。我不明白為什麼這樣。

S: Was your usage different in any way? 你在電力使用與平常有什麼不同嗎?

C: No! 沒有!

S: I'm sorry. There seems to be a mistake. I'll assign a service representative and check your meter. We'll do our best to help and rectify this as quickly as possible.很對不起,那看似是出錯了。我將會委派 (assign) 服務代表檢查你的咪錶 (meter)。我們將盡我們最大努力幫忙及盡快糾正 (rectify) 問題。

C: Thank you for your help in clearing this up. 謝謝你可以解決這個問題。

S: Of course. Anything you would like me to do for you today? 應該的。有沒有其他東西你希望我今天可以幫到你?

C: No, thank you. That would be all. 沒有更多了。

S: Okay. Thanks for calling! Have a nice day! 謝謝你的來電!祝你有一個愉快的一天!



1 次查看0 則留言

Comments


bottom of page